INITIAL ZOOM SETUP:
Please install Zoom in advance.
For a stable connection to the meeting, please check the Zoom Webinar Best Practices and Resources.
Please note that in-presence participants will use MIC facilities (Zoom account, computer, webcam, microphone) to connect and participate in the sessions/symposia.
HOW TO JOIN YOUR ONLINE MEETING:
Online presenters: Please check in advance the timing of your session on the Program and click on the Zoom Online Meeting where your session is located in, waiting for the beginning of your session. Use the password sent by e-mail to access to the online meeting. Online participants can use the 15 minutes set before the beginning of the morning/afternoon online meeting (named connection check-in) in order to test their microphone and connection.
BEGINNING OF THE TALK SESSION:
- The MIC host, who will act as session Chair, will introduce the topic of the session and each presenter. All online presenters must have joined the corresponding Morning/Afternoon Zoom meeting in advance and be present at the beginning of their session. In-presence presenters will use the Zoom account and the computer made available by MIC. In-presence presenters: please make sure you have sent to email@example.com a shared link on dropbox (or a different file-sharing service) containing your presentation (pdf version is preferable) within September 6.
- Online presenters will be allowed to share their screen starting from the beginning of their presentation.
- As a back-up solution (for online presenters), we suggest preparing a short video of 10 minutes, which could be used by the conference organizers in the case of connection issues. Online presenters are requested to send to firstname.lastname@example.org a shared link on dropbox (or a different file-sharing service) containing their videos within Monday, September 6. Please note that this option is not mandatory.
- If you are joining the Zoom Online Morning/Afternoon Session before the host has started the meeting, please wait until the host starts the Zoom meeting.
DURING THE TALK SESSION:
Online presenters: Please mute your microphone until your presentation starts, which will be introduced by the Session Chair. Then you will be asked to activate your microphone and webcam and to share your screen in order to run your presentation.
In-presence presenters: Your presentation will be uploaded in advance on a computer made available by MIC (equipped with microphone and webcam). To share your presentation you will be requested to use the MIC computer, which will run the Zoom meeting to allow online participants to attend your presentation.
At the end of your talk, the Session Chair will select and ask you to answer some of the questions choosing both from the online chat and from the in-presence audience and within the allotted Q&A period. The Chair will try to cover as many questions as possible depending on the allotted time. The in-presence audience will be visible to the online audience during the online sessions and during the Q&A time.
AFTER YOUR PRESENTATION:
Online presenters: At the end of your presentation, we recommend you to turn off the video and to stop the screen sharing so that the attendees can focus on the introduction of the next presenter.
- Please make sure the time is strictly adhered to time allocated to your presentation!
- Please practice your presentation to adjust your timing accordingly.
|Type||Talk Duration||Q&A Session|
|Papers (Sessions)||10 minutes||2 minutes|
|Papers (Symposium)||12 minutes||3 minutes|
|Mini-talks/Posters||6 minutes||4 minutes|
|MIC Keynote Speeches||30 minutes||N/A|
The total duration of a session/symposium is around 60min
You can join the discussion with other attendees by sending messages to “Everyone” or you can chat privately with the Session Chair by selecting their name from the drop down list. Learn more about Using Webinar Chat.