BASIC MIC CONFERENCE STRUCTURE:
- The MIC Conference 2022 is a hybrid event. This means that sessions will be hold both in person at School of Engineering (Aula 5.6 and Aula 5.7, see the Conference venue webpage) and virtually using the platform Zoom (Zoom instructions are provided below). Separate online Sessions will be available for each day and each stream (Ada or Giotto, see the online sessions webpages) of the conference. The sessions will be recorded and made available to registered participants (using the personal password) at the end of the Conference.
- Timing of the Zoom sessions: the Zoom sessions will start strictly on time according to the conference program (https://www.mic-conference.org/conference-program-2022/). The first morning and afternoon sessions will be opened 15 minutes before the start of the first talk in order to provide a connection check period for online attendees/presenters.
BASIC SESSION STRUCTURE:
- Beginning of the Zoom Session: The MIC/FGM host will start each Zoom meeting. Online participants interested in the talks of the sessions can join the meeting by selecting the corresponding online Zoom session on the online sessions webpage by entering their password. In-presence participants will follow the conference live through the support of the MIC facilities, which will coordinate the in-presence and the online presentations.
- Beginning of the Zoom Session: The MIC/FGM host will start the recording. The MIC/FGM host will help the Session Chair of the different talk Sessions who will introduce the presenters of each presentation.
- Questions & Answers: At the end of each presentation, a brief Q&A session will be managed by the Session Chair using both the Chat option and the questions of the in-presence audience. The in-presence audience will be visible to the online audience during the online sessions and during the Q&A time. Questions by all participants (online and in-presence) will be welcome.
- The duration of a presentation by type are listed below:
|Type||Talk Duration||Q&A Session|
|Papers (Sessions)||13 minutes||2 minutes|
|Mini-talks/Posters||8 minutes||4 minutes|
|Papers (Symposium)||depending on the number of talks in the symposium||at the speakers’ discretion|
|MIC Keynote Speeches||45 minutes||at the speaker’s discretion|
The total duration of a session/symposium is 60min.
A live Q&A Chat will follow each talk, moderated by the Session Chair:
- Online participants will be muted and they will need submit questions during the talk presentation before the Q&A session starts using the Chat Option (see Zoom Helper Center). In-presence participants will be allowed to ask questions by raising their hand.
- The Session Chair will select and ask the questions during the Q&A time choosing from the chat and from the in-presence questions. There may not be enough time answer all questions. The Chair will make sure to ask related questions choosing both from the online and from the in-presence audience.
- The Chair will have the ability to unmute online participants if this is needed to elaborate on their questions (please note that due to the limited Q&A duration, participants may want to discuss with the author(s) off-line).
- MIC/FGM Host: This will be the user with a special FGM or MIC icon by the side of the profile. This person facilitates the use of the technology and will help the Session Chair, who will coordinate the Zoom meeting and the talk sessions as well as will manage Q&A time using both the Chat option and the in-presence questions.
- For a stable connection to the meeting, please check the Zoom Webinar Best Practices and Resources.