BASIC MIC CONFERENCE STRUCTURE:
- The MIC Conference 2021 is a hybrid event. This means that sessions will be hold both in person at Villa Griffone and virtually using the platform Zoom (Zoom instructions are provided below). Two separate online Sessions will be available for each day of the conference: a morning session and an afternoon session (see the online sessions main page). The two sessions will be recorded and made available to registered participants (using the personal password) at the end of each day of the Conference.
- Timing of the morning/afternoon Zoom sessions: the morning Zoom sessions will be opened 15 minutes before the start of the first talk of the conference day and will be closed at the lunch break. The afternoon Zoom sessions will be opened 15 minutes before the beginning of the first afternoon talk and will be closed at the end of the conference day.
BASIC SESSION STRUCTURE:
- Beginning of the Morning/Afternoon Zoom Session: The MIC host will start the morning/afternoon Zoom meeting. Online participants interested in the talks of the morning/afternoon session can join the meeting by selecting the corresponding online session on the online sessions webpage by entering their password. In-presence participants will follow the conference live through the support of the MIC facilities, which will coordinate the in-presence and the online presentations.
- Beginning of the Morning/Afternoon Zoom Session: The MIC host will start the recording. The MIC host will act as Session Chair for the different talk Sessions and will introduce the presenters of each presentation.
- Questions & Answers: At the end of each presentation, a brief Q&A session will be managed by the Session Chair using both the Chat option and the questions of the in-presence audience. The in-presence audience will be visible to the online audience during the online sessions and during the Q&A time. Questions by all participants (online and in-presence) will be weolcome.
- The duration of a presentation by type are listed below:
|Type||Talk Duration||Q&A Session|
|Papers (Sessions)||10 minutes||2 minutes|
|Papers (Symposium)||12 minutes||3 minutes|
|Mini-talks/Posters||6 minutes||4 minutes|
|MIC Keynote Speeches||30 minutes||N/A|
The total duration of a session/symposium is around 60min.
A live Q&A Chat will follow each talk, moderated by the Session Chair:
- Online participants will be muted and they will need submit questions during the talk presentation before the Q&A session starts using the Chat Option (see Zoom Helper Center). In-presence participants will be allowed to ask questions by raising their hand.
- The Session Chair will select and ask the questions during the Q&A time choosing from the chat and from the in-presence questions. There may not be enough time answer all questions. The Chair will make sure to ask related questions choosing both from the online and from the in-presence audience.
- The Chair will have the ability to unmute online participants if this is needed to elaborate on their questions (please note that due to the limited Q&A duration, participants may want to discuss with the author(s) off-line).
- MIC Host: This will be the user with a special FGM or MIC icon by the side of the profile. This person facilitates the use of the technology and will be the same person as the Session Chair, who will coordinate the Zoom meeting and the talk sessions as well as will manage Q&A time using both the Chat option and the in-presence questions.
- For a stable connection to the meeting, please check the Zoom Webinar Best Practices and Resources.